- College Football Playoff Participants, Final Top 25 and New Year’s Six Matchups Revealed on
College Football Playoff Selection Show Beginning at Noon ET
- Reporters at Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, UCF, and the College Football Playoff Headquarters
- More Than 15 Hours of Television Coverage; Multi Platforms Content Available Across ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ESPN App, and Twitter Throughout the Day
ESPN is the home of college football’s Selection Day on Sunday, Dec. 2, with the network televising the exclusive reveal of the College Football Playoff selection committee’s four playoff teams, its complete top 25 and matchups for the New Year’s Six bowls. The reveal will be preceded and followed by all-day coverage, including more than 15 hours on television and additional news and reaction available on ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, the ESPN App, and Twitter.
College Football Playoff Selection Show Begins at Noon; Playoff Teams Announced at 12:30 p.m.
The College Football Playoff Selection Show Presented by AT&T begins at noon ET and will reveal the College Football Playoff selection committee’s four playoff teams at 12:30 p.m. The four-hour special will then reveal the CFP selection committee’s complete top 25 at 2 p.m., followed by the remaining New Year’s Six matchups at 3 p.m.
Rece Davis will host the much-anticipated Selection Show and be joined by Joey Galloway, Kirk Herbstreit, Jesse Palmer and David Pollack with reaction from Chris Fowler, Paul Finebaum and others. Additionally, ESPN will have reporters at key locations and campuses:
|College Football Playoff Headquarters in Grapevine, Texas||Heather Dinich|
|Notre Dame||Holly Rowe|
|Ohio State||Marty Smith|
Campus and reporters subject to change
CFP Selection Committee Chairman Rob Mullens Joins Show; Several Coaches Expected
College Football Playoff Selection Committee Chairman Rob Mullens will join the Selection Show shortly after the College Football Playoff teams are announced and then again later in the show. Coaches are also expected to join the show following the various announcements.
College Football Playoff and Bowl Reaction Continues All Day
ESPN will continue the discussion of the College Football Playoff, the New Year’s Six and the compete bowl picture on Championship Drive Presented by Capital One, with ESPN airing a prime-time special (8:30 p.m. – 11 p.m.) and ESPN2 airing a late afternoon episode (4 – 7 p.m.) of the show. Analysts Pollack, Jon Vilma, and Todd McShay will join host Adnan Virk in prime-time, while Greg McElroy, Jim Mora, and Dan Orlovsky will join host Chris Cotter in the late afternoon.
SEC Now: Bowl Special on SEC Network
SEC Network will air a two hour SEC Now: Bowl Special (6 – 8 p.m.), with analysts Gene Chizik, Chris Doering, Jordan Rodgers and Marcus Spears joining hosts Dari Nowkhah and Peter Burns. The group will analyze and dissect the SEC teams participating in the College Football Playoff and the entire bowl schedule.
College Football Playoff Prognostication: SportsCenter Coverage Begins at 7 a.m. on Selection Day, College Football-Centric Programming at 9 a.m. on ESPN2
ESPN’s live coverage of Selection Day begins with SportsCenter at 7 a.m. on ESPN with Emmanual Acho, Finebaum, Mora, and Pollack joining Matt Barrie and Elle Duncan throughout the two-hour show. A three-hour Championship Drive Presented by Allstate airs at 9 a.m. on ESPN2 with Acho, Finebaum, Galloway, McElroy, Mora, Palmer and Pollack joining Kevin Negandhi.
Both shows will project what will happen later in the day, with interviews and news from various reporters around the country.
ESPN’s Multi-Platform Selection Day Coverage Includes:
- SportsCenter with SVP: ESPN will immediately begin looking forward to Selection Day as soon as Championship Saturday concludes, beginning with SportsCenter with Scott Van Peltand College Football Final late Saturday night.
- Sunday NFL Countdown: Herbstreit and Pollack will likely join the network’s popular NFL pregame show to talk about the upcoming CFP reveal.
- ESPN Radio: Live coverage of the various exclusive announcements will be echoed on ESPN Radio throughout the day, adding to the discussion around the CFP and the entire bowl slate. A special College GameDay: College Football Playoff Selectionwith Matt Schick, Brad Edwards and Trevor Matich airs from 8 to 11 p.m.
- Rankings ReactionTwitter Show: Mike Golic, Jr and Jason Fitz, along with Elle Duncan, Treavor Scales and Gary Striewski, will continue ESPN’s college football Twitter series with a one-hour rankings reactions show starting at 1 p.m. The show can be found on the @ESPN handle, which has more than 33.7 million followers
- ESPN.com: College Football Playoff reporter Heather Dinich will report from the CFP Headquarters in Grapevine, Texas, beginning Friday and continuing through Monday. On Selection Day, in addition to providing a first-look at the CFP matchups and Dinich’s reporting, a sampling of additional coverage includes:
|How the Four Playoff Teams Arrived||Staff|
|Did the Committee Get it Right?||Andrea Adelson|
|First Look at the CFP Semifinals Matchups||Staff|
|Predicting Every Bowl Game||Adam Rittenberg|
ESPN’s Selection Day Television Programming Schedule
|7 – 9 a.m.||SportsCenter||ESPN||Barrie, Duncan, Acho, Finebaum, Mora, Pollack|
|9 – noon||Championship Drive: Countdown to the Playoff Presented by Allstate||ESPN2||Acho, Finebaum, Galloway, McElroy, Mora, Pollack and Negandhi|
|Noon – 4 p.m.||College Football Playoff Selection Show Presented by AT&T||ESPN||Davis, Galloway, Herbstreit, Palmer, Pollack with Fowler, Finebaum|
|4 – 7 p.m.||Championship Drive: Rankings Reaction Presented by Capital One||ESPN2||Cotter, McShay, Pollack, Jonathan Vilma|
|6 – 8 p.m.||SEC Now: Bowl Special||SEC Network||Nowkhah, Burns, Chizik, Doering, Rodgers, Spears|
|6- 8:30 p.m.||SportsCenter||ESPN||Michael Eaves and Doug Kezirian|
|8:30 – 11 p.m.||Championship Drive: Who’s In Presented by Capital One||ESPN||Pollack, Vilma, McShay, Virk|
more recommended stories
ESPN to Host ScHoolboy Q, YG Concert and Fan Experience in New York for Game 1 of the NBA Finals
To share: http://bit.ly/2JBpJOp To celebrate the.
ESPN’s Jason Fitz & Sarah Spain Expand Multi-Platform Roles with New Radio Shows
Jason Fitz will Regularly Contribute to.
ESPN Events Reveals 2019-20 Bowl Season Slate
ESPN Events, a division of ESPN,.
ESPN Rolls Out Bowl Schedule for 2019-20 College Football Season
35 Bowl Games Plus the College.
NCAA Lacrosse Championship Weekend on ESPN
Game CoverageMen’s Championship (Lincoln Financial Field,.
espnW Partners with Julie Foudy Sports Leadership Academy
espnW and the Julie Foudy Sports.
On Deck: St. Louis Cardinals Host Atlanta Braves on Sunday Night Baseball
Holiday Baseball: Memorial Day Tripleheader on.
Stephen A. Smith Show Up in Audience & Time Spent Listening for Fourth Consecutive Month Over 2018
Bristol, CT – October 26, 2015.
ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball Returns to Wrigley Field June 9 as Cubs Host Rival Cardinals
Chicago, IL – April 5, 2015:.
Watch ESPN’s 26th Scripps National Spelling Bee and See What the Buzz is about May 28-30
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and the ESPN.