In addition to being recognized as one of the greatest shooters in NBA history and starting the NBA’s Three-Point Revolution,” Stephen Curry is, by no surprise, one of the wealthiest basketball players in the league. The three-time NBA champ and two-time MVP signed the NBA’s first $200 million contract back in 2017, making him the second player with the highest contract value following Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder. The 31-year-old point guard has also inked a number of major endorsement deals throughout his career, bringing his net worth to estimated $90 million. Meanwhile, his wife, Ayesha Curry, has earned an impressive $16 million net worth from her career as a celebrity chef, television host, restaurateur, and author. Furthermore, Curry comes from a family of professional athletes who has each paved their own lanes and brands.
Here’s a breakdown on how the Curry’s made their money.
Steph Curry’s Net Worth
- According to CNBC, Curry was the highest-paid player in the NBA during the 2017-18 season, earning an estimated $34 million.
- During the 2016-2017 season, he earned $12.1 million, finishing up the $44 million contract he signed with the Golden State Warriors in 2012
- He then signed a five-year deal with the Warriors that guaranteed $201 million.
- It is estimated that his salary will gradually increase to a whopping $45.8 million in 2021-22.
Curry’s generates an estimated $42 million in off-court income from his endorsement partners, which include Under Armour, JPMorgan Chase, Vivo, Nissan/Infiniti, and Brita among others.
- According to Business Insider, an analyst at Morgan Stanley estimated that Curry’s shoe deal with Under Armour could be worth more than $14 billion. In 2015, Curry and the sneaker company extended their deal through 2024. Although details of the contract were not disclosed, Sports Illustrated reported that it “includes an equity stake.”
- In January 2019, Curry entered a partnership with the Japanese e-commerce company Rakuten, which pays him $20 million a year to have its name etched on the Warriors’ jersey, reports CNBC.
- In 2018, Curry formed a production company called Unanimous Media, which signed a multi-year development and production deal with Sony Pictures Entertainment. Variety reported that the agreement was “the biggest media deal of any athlete to date.”
- In October 2018, Curry announced a partnership with Palm, a mobile companion device that pairs with a primary smartphone. Curry operates as an investor and leading brand ambassador for the San Francisco-based startup.
- In April 2017, the point guard partnered with Vivo, a smartphone brand in China.
- In June 2017, Curry became a global brand ambassador for Infiniti.
- In January 2016, he signed a multi-year endorsement deal with Chase.
- In 2016, Curry became the face of PressPlay.
- In December 2015, the NBA All-Star signed a three-year endorsement deal with Brita.
- From 2015 to 2017, he worked as a brand ambassador for Degree Deodorant.
Investments and Other Business Ventures:
- In December 2018, it was announced that Curry was among the investors that participated in the $21.2 million Series A funding round of Toronto-based travel startup SnapTravel.
- In June 2018, Curry launched SC30, a company that helps him manage his investments and business ventures.
- In 2015, he and his former Davidson teammate Bryant Barr, co-founded Slyceo, which aims to become an automated marketing service to help brands publish content and reach their intended targeted audiences.
- Curry and his partners, Jeron Smith and Erick Peyton, created Unanimous Media, a production company that develops and produces family film and television projects, like Breakthrough.
- Curry is also an investor in Active Faith, a Christian sports apparel brand.
Ayesha Curry’s net worth
Ayesha Curry is a Canadian-American chef, author, model, actress, and television personality who has a net worth estimated at $16 million.
- In February, she opened another outpost of her barbecue spot, International Smoke, in Miami. The restaurant, which is a collaboration between Curry and Chef Michael Mina, has sister locations in Houston and San Francisco.
- Curry became a CoverGirl spokesmodel in 2017.
- In 2017, she partnered with PM Studios to produce her very own mobile cooking game app.
- In 2016, she authored the New York Times best-selling cookbook The Seasoned Life.
- In 2016, Curry began hosting the TV series Ayesha’s Home Kitchen on the Food Network.
- Her company Little Lights of Mine sells its own brand of extra virgin olive oil.
- As a former actress, she starred on the television series Whittaker Bay in 2008 and appeared in the films Dan’s Detour of Life and Love for Sale.
- She has also appeared on the TV shows like Hannah Montana, The Real, The Chew, Rachael Ray, and The Great American Baking Show.
Seth Curry’s Net Worth
Steph Curry’s younger brother, Seth, also plays in the NBA as a shooting and point guard for the Portland Trailblazers. The former Duke University player has a reported net worth of $3 million.
Sydel Curry Lee
Steph Curry’s little sister, Sydel, is a former Division I athlete who retired from volleyball in 2017 following an injury. After graduating from Elon University, she landed a full-time job as a service concierge at Tesla. The 24-year-old teamed up with Neiman Marcus last year to launch her own brand, “A Curry Girl.” The social media influencer and wife also manages a lifestyle website and YouTube channel. Last year, she and her sister-in-law, Ayesha Curry, launched a wine company, Domaine Curry. She has a reported net worth of $300,000.
Dell Curry’s Net Worth
Steph’s father, Dell Curry, is a retired basketball player who was drafted by the Utah Jazz in 1986. After one season with the Jazz, he moved to the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he earned $250,000 in 1987, according to The Richest. He went on to play for the Charlotte Hornets for 10 seasons, earning $285,000 in his first season and $3.6 million in his last. Curry transferred to the Milwaukee Bucks in 1999 and spent the last three seasons of his NBA career playing for the Toronto Raptors. He reportedly earned $2.1 million in his last season.
Today, Dell Curry is reportedly worth $16.6 million. He is married to former Virginia Tech women’s volleyball player Sonya Curry. Together, they have three children and four grandchildren.
more recommended stories
75% of Consumers Aim to Back Local Businesses More Post-COVID-19
Despite being battered by the coronavirus.
Congress Slams CDC For ‘Lazy’ Report On Coronavirus Deaths By Race, Ethnicity
Members of Congress have called a.
How Travel Startup Tastemakers Africa Is Still Connecting Us to the Continent Even While We Can’t Travel
What do you do when you’re.
Could Coronavirus Help Amazon Workers Unionize?
By Nandita Bose and Krystal Hu.
Harlem’s Famous Sylvia’s Restaurant Is Giving Back To The Community Amid COVID-19
New York City has become one.
Meet The 73-Year-Old Food Entrepreneur Who Calls Herself The Queen of Creole Cuisine
Share0 Image: Instagram New Orleans is.
European Countries Are Beginning To Reopen, But Will Americans Be Welcomed?
The travel industry has come to.
NBC Sports’ On-Air Personalities Taking Pay Cuts for the Rest of the Year
Share0 NBC Sports reporter Lewis Johnson.
Top Money Managers Share Investment Strategies for a Pandemic-Driven Market
So just how do top asset.
Caucus Leaders of Color Discuss Incarceration, Work, and Racism During Coronavirus
A webinar hosted by the Alliance.