- ESPN to Televise Four Classic 20-Strikeout Games in Eight-Hour Marathon
- Historic Performances by Roger Clemens, Kerry Wood, Randy Johnson and Max Scherzer
ESPN is celebrating what was scheduled to be Major League Baseball’s opening weekend with a special content initiative called Strikeout Saturday on March 28. Strikeout Saturday is an eight-hour programming marathon featuring four of the six 20-strikeout games in MLB history airing in two-hour windows. The marathon begins at 12 p.m. ET on ESPN and will stream via the ESPN App.
Strikeout Saturday schedule and highlights:
- 12 p.m. ET: Roger Clemens fans 20 batters in his first of two career 20-strikeout performances. He became the first pitcher to record 20 strikeouts in a nine-inning game as the Boston Red Sox hosted the Seattle Mariners on April 29, 1986;
- 2 p.m. ET: Kerry Wood leads the Chicago Cubs to victory while striking out 20 Houston Astros’ in a one-hit shutout at Wrigley Field on May 6, 1998;
- 4 p.m. ET: Arizona Diamondbacks’ Randy Johnson dominates the Cincinnati Reds lineup with a 20-strikeout performance in front of his home fans on May 8, 2001. Johnson received a no-decision in the contest;
- 6 p.m. ET: Max Scherzer struck out 20 Detroit Tigers’ on May 11, 2016 while leading the Washington Nationals to victory at Nationals Park.
In conjunction with the Strikeout Saturday programming initiative, ESPN is also resurfacing its classic 1997 This Is SportsCenter spot featuring Roger Clemens, who is printing letter “K’s” at the ESPN offices.
ESPN previously announced it is celebrating Opening Day on March 26 with an eight-hour Home Run Derby Classics marathon, beginning at 6 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
more recommended stories
Baseball for Breakfast: ESPN’s KBO League Game Selections for August 4 through August 9
ESPN today announced its KBO League game selections for.
ESPN to Offer First MLB Statcast-Driven Sunday Night Baseball Alternative Viewing Experiences on August 16 and August 30
Play-by-Play Voice Jason Benetti, Analyst Eduardo.
ESPN+ to Follow Woods, Mickelson, Rahm, Thomas, McIlroy in Star-Studded Featured Group Coverage Thursday from PGA Championship
Highlighting some of golf’s most successful.
World of X Games August 2020 Lineup
Continuing to serve up monthly original.
ESPN and ABC’s NBA Seeding Game Coverage Continues Throughout the Week
ESPN and ABC continue its NBA.
On Deck: Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball Presented by Taco Bell August 9 at 7 p.m. ET
The Chicago Cubs and Anthony Rizzo.
ESPN+ Featured Groups for PGA Championship Second Round
ESPN+ will offer fans 12 continuous.
OCHO-Less No More: ESPN Drops Surprise ESPN 8: The Ocho Television Schedule for 8/8
ESPN2 Becomes ESPN8 for More than.
UFC Fight Night on ESPN+: Lewis vs Oleinik August 8 Exclusively on ESPN+
Main Event features heavyweight clash between No. 4 Derrick Lewis.
ESPN Celebrates Four Years of ESPN 8: The Ocho by Streaming in Fortnite’s Party Royale on August 8
WHAT: Starting Saturday, August 8 at.