- ESPN2 Becomes ESPN8 for More than Nine Hours of Seldom-Seen Sports
- New Ocho Programming Featured; Fan Favorites Return
In yet another BOLD programming move, ESPN is surprising fans with a nine-and-a-half-hour slate of seldom seen sports on Saturday, August 8 (8/8). The schedule is comprised of new additions and fan favorites available on the network formerly known as ESPN2, as well as in the ESPN App.
New to this year’s ESPN8: The Ocho’s line-up are:
- World Deadlift Attempt – Hafthor Deadlift: Relive Bjornsson’s —2018 World’s Strongest Man champion, three-time Arnold Strongman Classic and “The Mountain” from Game of Thrones—successful deadlift of 1,104 pounds
- 2019 Grit ‘N Wit National College Championship: Where brain meets brawn. On-demand courses that combine obstacles and puzzles to test both grit and wit.
- Ohio Grocery Baggers Bowl 2020: 30 contestants face off to win the coveted Ceramic Bag award, $1000 and a trip to San Diego to compete for the National Bagging Championship at NGA’s National Convention
- 2019 ITSF Foosball World Cup: The 2019 event hosted by the International Table Soccer Federation (ITSF) in Murica, Spain
- FOOSBALLERS: An award-winning documentary that takes a deep dive into the underground world of professional table soccer, following six of the top players as they prepare for the Tornado World Championships
Also, on 8/8, Fortnite players can jump into Party Royale and watch ESPN8: The Ocho. They’ll be able to watch the world’s best unconventional sports, like cornhole, death diving, robot fights and more, all live from Party Royale’s Big Screen. This marks the first time ESPN has presented content in Fortnite’s Party Royale in four years of ESPN8: The Ocho. Additionally, ESPN will make a collection of Ocho programming on available demand within the ESPN App.
ESPN8: The Ocho Schedule
|Date||Time (ET)||Seldom Seen Sport||Network|
|Sat, Aug 8||2 p.m.||E60: ESPN8
Cheese Rolling, Frog Jumping & Japanese Monster Wrestling
|3 p.m.||World Deadlift Attempt: Hafthor Deadlift||ESPN8|
|4 p.m.||2019 Grit ‘N Wit National College Championship||ESPN8|
|5 p.m.||Ohio Grocery Baggers Bowl 2020||ESPN8|
|5:30 p.m.||2019 Stupid Robot Fighting League||ESPN8|
|6 p.m.||2019 Jelle’s Marble Runs||ESPN8|
|6:30 p.m.||2019 Death Diving World Championship||ESPN8|
|7:30 p.m.||Slippery Stairs||ESPN8|
|8 p.m.||Slippery Stairs: College Tour||ESPN8|
|8:30 p.m.||2019 ITSF Foosball World Cup||ESPN8|
more recommended stories
ESPN’s NBA Playoffs Coverage Resumes Tomorrow, Aug. 29 at 3:30 p.m. ET
ESPN will resume its 2020 NBA.
ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC Programming Updates for August 29 and 30
AUGUST 29 | AUGUST 30 AUGUST.
ESPN Programming Update for Thursday, August 27
Teri Couch It’s been an amazing.
ESPN to Nationally Televise Marquee NBA Playoffs Tripleheader on Thursday
Wilmington, DE – September 20, 2019.
ESPN+ the Exclusive Home for The FA Community Shield Women’s and Men’s Doubleheader Saturday
Women’s Community Shield Returns – Chelsea.
The GEICO ESPN High School Football Kickoff Returns for 11th Year
Seven Games Available Across ESPN, ESPN2,.
ESPN, Little League International Reach Eight-Year Media Rights Extension
More Live Little League Baseball and.
Debut Week of ESPN Radio’s Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin Featured a Full Lineup of Special Guests
ESPN Radio’s new weekday lineup began.
SEC Network Programming Update: August 24 – 30
Looking ahead to the fall, SEC.
ESPN Fantasy Football Marathon Presented by EA SPORTS NFL Madden 21 Returns
Insights for Draft Preparation Begins the.