College GameDay Built by The Home Depot is heading to The Texas State Fair in Dallas ahead of the Red River Showdown, featuring No. 19 Texas and No. 7 Oklahoma. The show will be live on ESPN and simulcast on ESPNU, originating from the Classic Corral inside the State Fair of Texas (9 a.m. – 11 a.m. ET), before moving inside the Cotton Bowl Stadium for the final hour (11 a.m. – noon).
For fans looking to attend, more information can be found here.
College GameDay will broadcast from the State Fair for the sixth time leading up to the Oklahoma-Texas game, and the first since 2011.
Live programming, including SportsCenter and College Football Live, will occur throughout the day on Friday, Oct. 5, and leading into the show on Saturday morning.
Host Rece Davis, who is joined by Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, David Pollack and Maria Taylor, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi and Gene Wojciechowski.
After the show, Herbstreit and Taylor will join Chris Fowler in Blacksburg, Va., to call ABC’s Saturday Night Football. The matchup will feature undefeated No. 6 Notre Dame in its toughest road challenge to date as the Fighting Irish will face No. 24 Virginia Tech under the lights at Lane Stadium (8 p.m. ET) for the first time in the school’s storied history.
- Replacing a Legend – How do you replace a legendary CFB coach… especially when he never REALLY leaves? Justin Fuente and Frank Beamer may have the blueprint. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- The Caper – In his only Red River Showdown game then Oklahoma offensive coordinator Mike Leach left a lasting memory for coaches on both sides of the rivalry. The untold story of Leach’s ‘Lost’ OU play script that fooled Texas back in 1999. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- Dual Threat – Access with Perhaps the Greatest Quarterback in Texas High School History, a first round draft pick for the Oakland A’s…and now the most electric dual threat QB in college Football. As Kyler Murray prepares for his first Red River Rivalry game. Reporter: Maria Taylor
Corso to Make Headgear Selection No. 317; College GameDay by the Numbers
Coach Corso will make headgear selection No. 317 this weekend in Dallas. The lovable personality now has a career record of 206-110, including 3-2 record this season.
- Corso is 7-4 when picking Texas; 2-2 when picking against Texas
- Corso has picked Oklahoma 16 times and is 10-6 in those picks
- He’s picked against the Sooners 17 times (4-13); his picks against Oklahoma represent the most number of times Corso has picked against a team
- Corso has picked the favorite in Week 6 eight straight years; he’s 6-2 in those games
- In the previous five games, Corso has picked the favorite all five times and is 2-3 with those headgear picks
- He is 1-1 when picking Oklahoma here and 1-2 when picking Texas
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- This is the sixth time – and first time since 2011 – that GameDay will broadcast from the State Fair leading up to the Oklahoma vs Texas game
- Oklahoma has won three of the previous five games (2011, 2002, 2001)
- Texas won in 2008 and 2009
- The 2011 Red River Rivalry game is the last time GameDay originated from a Texas game; 121 road shows have passed since GameDay has attended a Texas game
- The higher ranked team has won all five games that have been played at the GameDay site this season.
College GameDay has Outstanding Offseason, Winning Three Sports Emmys
College GameDay continues to be recognized as sports media’s most successful studio show, as the premier pregame show was awarded the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Studio Show Weekly, winning that category for the fifth consecutive year and its eighth time overall in the category. The show’s journalism and operations technical expertise was also recognized, capturing Sports Emmys for Outstanding Short Feature and Outstanding Tech Team Studio. To date, the show has won 10 Emmys in the last 11 years.
more recommended stories
College Football Week 8: ESPN/ABC to Feature Five Undefeated Teams, Including No. 16 NC State at No. 3 Clemson in the Sport’s Only Matchup of Unbeaten Squads
Road Warriors: Undefeated No. 2 Ohio.
ESPN Reaches Multi-Year Extension with Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer Hubie Brown
Legendary Broadcaster and Coach Continues to.
Terence Crawford 12th Round TKO on Last Night’s Top Rank on ESPN leads to highest-rated Boxing Telecast on Broadcast and Cable Television so far this Year
(Photo Credit: Mikey Williams / Top.
College Football Week 7: ABC’s Saturday Night Football Up an Impressive 57% Year-Over-Year; ABC/ESPN Air Three of the Four Highest-Rated College Football Games on Any Network
ABC and ESPN Air Two Highest-Rated.
Aaron LaBerge Named Chief Technology Officer of Disney Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) Segment
DTCI Technology organizational and leadership structure.
ESPN’s Coverage of the 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Tips Off Next Week with Five Opening Week Games, New Shows & Dozens of Leading NBA Commentators
ESPN to Nationally Televise the LeBron.
ESPN’s Highest-Rated NBA Preseason Telecast Ever: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Lakers Delivers 1.6 Metered Market Rating
Wednesday night’s matchup between the defending.
Center Court: ESPN’s Industry-Leading Women’s College Basketball Coverage
ESPN’s extensive coverage of women’s college.
ESPN Debuts Jon Pardi’s “Night Shift” Video
Reigning CMA New Artist of the.
ESPN to launch dedicated women’s sports brand espnW in Mexico
Content will focus on sports, culture,.