College GameDay Built by The Home Depot is heading to The Texas State Fair in Dallas ahead of the Red River Showdown, featuring No. 19 Texas and No. 7 Oklahoma. The show will be live on ESPN and simulcast on ESPNU, originating from the Classic Corral inside the State Fair of Texas (9 a.m. – 11 a.m. ET), before moving inside the Cotton Bowl Stadium for the final hour (11 a.m. – noon).
For fans looking to attend, more information can be found here.
College GameDay will broadcast from the State Fair for the sixth time leading up to the Oklahoma-Texas game, and the first since 2011.
Live programming, including SportsCenter and College Football Live, will occur throughout the day on Friday, Oct. 5, and leading into the show on Saturday morning.
Host Rece Davis, who is joined by Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, David Pollack and Maria Taylor, as well as contributors Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica, Jen Lada, Tom Rinaldi and Gene Wojciechowski.
After the show, Herbstreit and Taylor will join Chris Fowler in Blacksburg, Va., to call ABC’s Saturday Night Football. The matchup will feature undefeated No. 6 Notre Dame in its toughest road challenge to date as the Fighting Irish will face No. 24 Virginia Tech under the lights at Lane Stadium (8 p.m. ET) for the first time in the school’s storied history.
- Replacing a Legend – How do you replace a legendary CFB coach… especially when he never REALLY leaves? Justin Fuente and Frank Beamer may have the blueprint. Reporter: Gene Wojciechowski
- The Caper – In his only Red River Showdown game then Oklahoma offensive coordinator Mike Leach left a lasting memory for coaches on both sides of the rivalry. The untold story of Leach’s ‘Lost’ OU play script that fooled Texas back in 1999. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
- Dual Threat – Access with Perhaps the Greatest Quarterback in Texas High School History, a first round draft pick for the Oakland A’s…and now the most electric dual threat QB in college Football. As Kyler Murray prepares for his first Red River Rivalry game. Reporter: Maria Taylor
Corso to Make Headgear Selection No. 317; College GameDay by the Numbers
Coach Corso will make headgear selection No. 317 this weekend in Dallas. The lovable personality now has a career record of 206-110, including 3-2 record this season.
- Corso is 7-4 when picking Texas; 2-2 when picking against Texas
- Corso has picked Oklahoma 16 times and is 10-6 in those picks
- He’s picked against the Sooners 17 times (4-13); his picks against Oklahoma represent the most number of times Corso has picked against a team
- Corso has picked the favorite in Week 6 eight straight years; he’s 6-2 in those games
- In the previous five games, Corso has picked the favorite all five times and is 2-3 with those headgear picks
- He is 1-1 when picking Oklahoma here and 1-2 when picking Texas
Stats from ‘The Bear’
- This is the sixth time – and first time since 2011 – that GameDay will broadcast from the State Fair leading up to the Oklahoma vs Texas game
- Oklahoma has won three of the previous five games (2011, 2002, 2001)
- Texas won in 2008 and 2009
- The 2011 Red River Rivalry game is the last time GameDay originated from a Texas game; 121 road shows have passed since GameDay has attended a Texas game
- The higher ranked team has won all five games that have been played at the GameDay site this season.
College GameDay has Outstanding Offseason, Winning Three Sports Emmys
College GameDay continues to be recognized as sports media’s most successful studio show, as the premier pregame show was awarded the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Studio Show Weekly, winning that category for the fifth consecutive year and its eighth time overall in the category. The show’s journalism and operations technical expertise was also recognized, capturing Sports Emmys for Outstanding Short Feature and Outstanding Tech Team Studio. To date, the show has won 10 Emmys in the last 11 years.
more recommended stories
High School Football Coach Rob Mendez Featured on Cover of ESPN The Magazine’s Heroes Issue—Hitting Newsstands on Friday
To download cover: http://bit.ly/2IQDJkO Rob Mendez.
New on ESPN+: The Equalizer Featuring Alex Morgan
Exclusive Four-Part Series Profiles U.S. Women’s.
ESPN Steps Up to the Plate to Showcase Every Moment from the 2019 NCAA College World Series
ESPN to Present Every Pitch from.
CUMULUS MEDIA & ESPN Audio to Launch New Sports/Talk Radio Station for Washington, D.C. Fans on July 1
WMAL-AM to Broadcast as ESPN 630,.
ACCN Men’s Soccer Schedule Kicks Off September 1; Dalen Cuff Joins ACCN Roster
Most ACC Men’s Soccer Linear Coverage.
Top Rank on ESPN Presents an ESPN+ Exclusive: Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz
Saturday, June 15 at 10 p.m..
Omaha Bound: ESPN Covers MLB’s First Visit to Home of College World Series
In its 30th season of Major.
2019 CONMEBOL Copa America Kicks Off Friday on ESPN+ with Brazil vs. Bolivia
All 26 matches to be streamed.
ACCN Set for Unprecedented Coverage of ACC Field Hockey, Volleyball and Women’s Soccer
Most ACC Women’s Fall Sports Coverage.
Sweet Science Saturday: Fury vs. Schwarz Headlines ESPN+ Top Rank Boxing Triple-Header
IBF Featherweight Champion Josh Warrington defends.